1. I did my longest swim (750 meters) and my fastest 3 mile run (28 minutes) last night. Where did that come from??? I don’t care, just keep it coming!
2. My dear friend, Mimi, is worried about my addiction to blogging and reading blogs and visiting various running and triathlon sites. Of course, I didn’t help my cause any last night by saying (over and over and over) “I think I’m totally addicted to blogging and reading blogs and running and triathlon sites!” haha. I’m actually scared now, because she compared it to online porn addiction. Forgive me father, for I have sinned.
3. I was reading up on a fellow blogger and she mentioned the RunnerPlus site (thanks Marcy), so, of course, I had to check it out. Pretty cool and I was totally stoked that my new Nikes came equipped with that little storage pocket to hold the device. Hee hee (I’m losing it now, I know)
4. The “running advocate” is back on the loose! I’ve now convinced my dear friend (and cousin) (of course, I’m in the south, so we’re all cousins, haha) Amy to run in the Beat the Street 5k next Saturday. She’s been a runner for a long time, but has never entered an event. I think she’s gonna love it.
5. After reading the above, I realized that if you combine my “addiction” with my “running advocacy”, does that make me a Dealer???? Hmmmmm……. must…ponder…..that…..
6. I might get flack for this one……. I’m totally loving the new running skirt I bought. Yep! That’s what I said! Running skirt. I am a huge skirt fan. I wear one almost every day to work. So how totally excited was I when I discovered that I could wear one while training too!!!!??? Hey, when you’re not great at what you do, you might as well look cute trying to do it, right?
7. I believe my dear children are trying to audition for WWE Smack Down. They are almost 3 and they have entered into the fighting ring of wrestling. Where in the world did they get that from??!! Everyone says it’s normal for boys to start acting that way around this age, but OMG!!! Someone’s gonna get seriously hurt. It probably doesn’t help that they love watching Power Rangers and Spiderman and that I let them. Oops…. Did I just admit that in writing? (bad mom! bad mom !)
8. And finally, wish me luck for this weekend. Nope, I do not have a race or anything. But I am planning on a very long bike ride and hopefully an 8-10 mile run at the Silver Comet on Saturday. Just pray that I survive. :)