Saturday, August 9, 2008

Last day as a non-triathlete...

So tomorrow is the big day and I'm sitting here thinking about ALL the reasons I decided to get into this sport.  I definitely want to say that I slapped agony in the face and told him "I beat you", but I think first and foremost, I decided to do it for my boys.  Craig, the hubby/daddy, has been a cyclist for about 15 years or so and the boys have watched him get on his bike four or five times a week.  So they look at him and they see an active lifestyle.  They see daddy getting outside and enjoying a sport that is dear to his heart.  But what do they see when they look at me?  It is a mommy that loves her coffee and her tivo'd episodes of Project Runway and Gray's Anatomy?  Or it a mommy that loves getting outdoors and enjoying a sport that pushes her further than she ever thought possible?

I decided that I wanted it to be the latter.  

And now I'm packing my bag and trying to make sure I have everything I need.  I'm sure that tomorrow is going to be a learning experience.  At least I can look forward to knowing that the next time I do this, I'll be a little more educated and a lot less green.

Here's to moving the sport up on my priority list and giving tivo a much needed rest!  :)

1 comment:

teal said...

Sooooooooooo....how did it go?
You are the coolest mom we know!!!
Teal