Friday, August 8, 2008

Two days and counting......

So this is the world of blogging, huh??  I started reading up on some other people's blogs and really enjoyed reading what they had to say.  And I thought..... why not keep my own log of my kids, my training, my life???  Here goes........  

So I'm competing (such a strong word) in my first triathlon on Sunday. As the day draws closer, I have found myself totally getting into all this tri-stuff. I'm reading more about it and watching "you tube" videos like crazy! I have mixed emotions ranging from excitement, to fear, to nervousness, to upset stomach (probably due to all the excitement, fear and nervousness).

I've watched the video of Julie Moss multiple times. And for those of you who do not know who she is, she competed in the 1982 Hawaii IronMan and became so dehydrated two miles before the finish that she staggered and fell to the ground. She then crawled towards the finish line only to be passed by her competitor with only a couple of yards to go. Anyway, watching the video makes me wonder.... why the hell do people do this? Why do they wake every morning with a painful training goal? Why do they work so hard to perfect torture? Why do they insist on staring agony in the face? I guess it's so that they can look agony in the eyes and give it one good slap across the cheek and say "I beat you".

I guess, among other reasons, that's why I do it.

No comments: